playlists out of order on phone

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

railfan-eric

playlists out of order on phone

Post by railfan-eric »

I keep making a playlist with all albums from a artist and syncing it to my phone and in Poweramp it's out of order exactly the same way. I remade the playlist from scratch and it keeps showing out of order in Poweramp. I've been trying for 2 days to fix it. Thought i saw another playlist that was slightly out of order. the playlists show up fine in the Media Monkey app.
railfan-eric

Re: playlists out of order on phone

Post by railfan-eric »

Want to update i looked at the playlist on my phone in a text viewer and the songs are out of order on there too. So there is some kind of sorting bug between syncing from the desktop program to the phone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey, what device are you Syncing to, how exactly did you Sync (USB/Wifi) and what file type is the Playlist.

Does the date of the Playlist match the Sync time?
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:20 am Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey, what device are you Syncing to, how exactly did you Sync (USB/Wifi) and what file type is the Playlist.

Does the date of the Playlist match the Sync time?
2532 Standard Edition
I'm syncing to a Samsung Galaxy S21. the playlist is the common m3u. I synced via the wifi with the MM App. Not sure where to find the sync time. But i deleted the playlist using Poweramp and delete the actual file each time. before syncing.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

So even if you delete the playlist file in MMA (MediaMonkey for Android) and then re-sync then it is still out of order?
Do you have this settings in MMA enabled or disabled:
[x] Update playlists from other apps
?

If it is ebaled, try to disable it to see whether it resolves the issue.
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Ludek wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:31 am So even if you delete the playlist file in MMA (MediaMonkey for Android) and then re-sync then it is still out of order?
Do you have this settings in MMA enabled or disabled:
[x] Update playlists from other apps
?

If it is ebaled, try to disable it to see whether it resolves the issue.
I tried deleting through MMA. and the setting is already disabled.

Now i have another playlist out of order. Ever since I started using Media Monkey most of my playlists keep getting broken songs that won't read or play in Poweramp. I have to delete the playlist in Poweramp at least once and resync. So I did that on this playlist that just resynced out of order. is in order in MMA but Poweramp it is not. I'm getting frustrated and discouraged. it mixes songs up from different albums from the same artists. I have over 20 playlists are are mostly arranged in the order I want them in or in order by year-artist-albums

update, I installed the newest beta and resynced the playlists and they're still out of order. I am really missing playing my Tracy Lawrence playlist. I want to hear the full albums in order. but several of them are scattered around.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

That's strange, so are you saying that even if you have this settings disabled in MMA:
[..] Update playlists from other apps
and you delete the playlist in MMA and re-sync from MM5 then the playlist is still not in the order that is in MM5 ?
Or is it out of order just in the PowerAmp ? I don't think that it is MMA or MM5 that re-orders the playlist, but maybe rather the PowerAmp ?

Also settings in MM5 > Devices & Services > Device > Sync profile > Playlist > Playlist format
could have an impact on this, e.g. PLA verus M3U as this is the format that PowerAmp reads?
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Ludek wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:28 pm That's strange, so are you saying that even if you have this settings disabled in MMA:
[..] Update playlists from other apps
and you delete the playlist in MMA and re-sync from MM5 then the playlist is still not in the order that is in MM5 ?
Or is it out of order just in the PowerAmp ? I don't think that it is MMA or MM5 that re-orders the playlist, but maybe rather the PowerAmp ?

Also settings in MM5 > Devices & Services > Device > Sync profile > Playlist > Playlist format
could have an impact on this, e.g. PLA verus M3U as this is the format that PowerAmp reads?
yes that's correct. I have it set for MP3's. poweramp reads the MP3's. and i thought i mentioned it but when i look at them in a text viewer on my phone i can see the playlist is out of order on there too. but they are in order on MMA but not on Poweramp.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Poweramp has SORTING OPTIONS for playlists.

UPDATE: 12:52
MMAndroid has such a similar feature: Quick Shuffle.
Open a playlist and press QuickShuffle - MMA sends this playlist to "NowPlaying" and mixes up these entries there.
BUT: the order of the original M3U-playlist is NOT changed.

Quick Shuffle: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/MediaMo ... :_Playback
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:33 am Poweramp has SORTING OPTIONS for playlists.

UPDATE: 12:52
MMAndroid has such a similar feature: Quick Shuffle.
Open a playlist and press QuickShuffle - MMA sends this playlist to "NowPlaying" and mixes up these entries there.
BUT: the order of the original M3U-playlist is NOT changed.

Quick Shuffle: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/MediaMo ... :_Playback
Last I knew Poweramps's sorting features doesn't do like other programs do. Where it can sort by year - artist - album - track numbers. or similar
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

I recently noticed somehow a bunch of albums on my phone has 3 different copies of mp3's or mp4's and each one had a different filename. i don't know how this happened. I have the program set so it deletes whatever isn't in the sync list. but it apparently never deleted the other copies. so i just deleted all my music and playlists. over 5,000 songs. when i got it all synced up again the out of order playlists was fixed. but a new problem cropped up. then half the playlists had no playlist name in Poweramp. so i had to delete all the playlists and resync again. then it was fine. but still some albums was or songs was broken in the playlists and wasn't on the computer. so i had to delete those songs and playlists and resync to the phone then rescan the Poweramp library. then i got half the playlists with no names again. so i had to resync all the playlists all over again after deleting them. then later when i resynced for some reason then the playlists was missing their names again so i had to delete them and resync again. what is going on here? why does everything have to be a hassle?