downloads are failing on some podcasts feeds

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

arpickett

downloads are failing on some podcasts feeds

Post by arpickett »

I download my favored podcasts to my desktop, and listen there. I also send some podcasts to a flash drive and listen in the car.
About a month ago, the feeds from WNYC in New York and one other NY area podcast creator stopped downloading. The message I get is: "connection reset by peer" and "socket error 10054"
Interestingly, downloads from another NY area creator (Gimlet) don't have a problem.
I have written to WYNC support, the return message basically told me how to subscribe to a podcast. I replied that I was already doing that, they should read my message more carefully. Reply from them was that they would refer the issue to their "digital team" That was a couple of weeks ago, since then I have heard nothing. :(
Based on what I learned from Google, I'm not sure Media Monkey can sort out why these feeds basically hang up on me as soon as I request a download, but I would be grateful for any insight anyone has.
I've tried Stitcher, get the same result with the podcasts in question. :(
Is there something at my end that interferes with just some podcasts feeds, not all?
THanks in advance for any help, A Pickett
Lowlander

Re: downloads are failing on some podcasts feeds

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5 has some fixes related to Podcasts. Which feeds (URL) are you having issues with?
arpickett

Re: downloads are failing on some podcasts feeds

Post by arpickett »

Three of the four having problems are from WNYC in New York. lots of coding in each error message, but the "connection reset by peer" and "socket error 10054" phrase repeats for each one.
On the Media
Death, Sex, and Money
Radio Lab
The fourth one which will not download is The Daily from the New York Times
I did try an upgrade to MM5, but the same issue there.
And when I try the podcasts in question on Stitcher, they don't download. The only error message displayed by Stitcher is: "download failed."
A Pickett