Clean Apostrophes

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

dypsis

Clean Apostrophes

Post by dypsis »

I just noticed a new MediaMonkey 5 addon called Clean Apostrophes by Keeps. Nice work. 👏

I have always hated all those curly apostrophes and quotation marks, and have always tried to avoid them when tagging up.

I don't think this addon actually includes quotation marks, so that would be nice if it could be included. Also, if it's possible to include lyrics, then that would be even better.

By the way. I always try and avoid curly apostrophes in my file names.
drakinite

Re: Clean Apostrophes

Post by drakinite »

Case Checker does have fixing apostrophes as an option built in, following https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18751. You can un-check all the other options to only fix apostrophes/quotes.
However, I'm seeing some issues with the current release... Might need a bit of work. http://files.drakinite.net/MediaMonkey_ ... -17-26.mp4

But this doesn't eliminate the usefulness of Keeps' addon, nor the possibility of adding doublequotes to Clean Apostrophes. There's a benefit to being able to do it all in one action, such as with a hotkey.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Where do I find Case Checker? And does it support Proper Case?
I only use Proper Case for my music.
Last edited by dypsis on Sun May 01, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Case Checker is built in to MM5. Under the Edit Tags menu. What do you mean by Proper Case?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

drakinite wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:55 am What do you mean by Proper Case?
The first letter of EVERY word is capitalized.

What Is Proper Case?

For example. Discogs only use Proper Case.
In my opinion, it looks much tidier for audio.
dypsis

Re: Proper Case

Post by dypsis »

Regarding Proper Case. I could be wrong, but I think this is what tbm72 is requesting here.