Convert MM4 custom scripts to MM5

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Edgar

Convert MM4 custom scripts to MM5

Post by Edgar »

I just installed MediaMonkey 5 today. While I am not really adept at MediaMonkey’s scripting language, I have managed to create about twelve of my own custom scripts which allow me to quickly edit multiple files’ tags. Since the "Tools" menu no longer has a "Scripts" sub-item, is there any way to use these MediaMonkey 4 scripts? For one thing, I see that the "Scripts" folder is drastically different between the two versions:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5\Scripts
contains only a bunch of subfolders
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts
(MediaMonkey 4 installation) contains one subfolder: "Auto"; plus all of my scripts and a configuration file "Scripts.ini".

I don't suppose it would hurt to try copying the configuration file and my scripts into the MediaMonkey5 folder. I looked at the FAQ and search this forum and would prefer some assurance before I try anything.
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
Lowlander

Re: Convert MM4 custom scripts to MM5

Post by Lowlander »

No, unfortunately MediaMonkey 4 Scripts are not compatible with MediaMonkey 5. More on MediaMonkey 5 Addons: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81285
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Thanks, Lowlander for the quick response! I had a vague recollection of reading something about that when MediaMonkey 5 first came out in beta but was hoping that it had been fixed by now.

How might I create my own custom commands (add-ons) for MediaMonkey 5?
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Follow the link above to get started.