Constantly lost settings

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

UniX1803

Constantly lost settings

Post by UniX1803 »

Choosed library folders are constantly set to default. I can set them and doing a sync with MMW, but after a successfull sync, i have to redo this procedure and set the library folders to the one i want. After that, MMA is scanning the folder and then i can do the sync. This is taking a lot more time. Why is this happening?
Last edited by UniX1803 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Re: Constantly lost settings

Post by Peke »

Hi,
What make and Model of device you have, it is very very possible that your manufacturer have or you installed some cleaner apps that flag MMA folders as junk and delete them regularly. Also it is possible that MMA do not have enough write access to storage and can't write settings.

Can you please describe exact steps when it works and when it fails and ahow MM5 behave on teh other side eg. do you get multiple profiles for same device.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
UniX1803

Post by UniX1803 »

Hi Peke, i'm using a Samsung M30s. I don't use cleaner apps, neither 3rd part nor from the manufacturer. Storage access is granted for MMA. Now i noticed, that the app was moved from the menu folder i placed it into (with some other media apps) and it was showing in the overview. MMA is the only app where this is happening on my system.
What exact information do you need more?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
After you see that settings are lost use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs and before you send it write down log id here so taht we ca track it quickly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
UniX1803

Post by UniX1803 »

I made several ones: after setting the library folders (EQFB3AW1FX), after syncing (F9PJJWP41S) and after settings are lost (XZZGFKQZ48)
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
at first, you should update to the latest version 1.4.5.0960.

Anyway, If I understand the issue is that your set folders
AE6B-394B:My Files/My Music
AE6B-394B:My Files/Playlists

are merged after sync to root(all storage):
AE6B-394B:

It will be because your storage Sync profile/File Locations in MMW/5 are set diffrently and access to more folders on sdcard is required.
You can add all required folders on MMA side (Music and Video folder by default), or you can change Sync profile/File Locations according to MMA folders. In your case, it would be paths starting with "My Files"

If your issue will persist, please attach a screenshot of your Sync profile/File Locations.

Best regards,
Martin
UniX1803

Post by UniX1803 »

I deleted every *.dll file in external devices and did a new sync. Now it does keep my settings. But: when i delete unwanted directories in MMA, they are always coming back, even on internal storage, which is disabled at MMW.