MM5 and OneDrive

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

adrian_glz

MM5 and OneDrive

Post by adrian_glz »

Hey guys!
I've been using MM5 for some months now and I recently came across with an issue.

Before, I had my DB file on a Google Drive virtual drive in my PC, and all of my music was there as well. On my on-the-go laptop y have MM5 with GD installed and used the same folder structure as my PC.
Everything worked perfectly and had no issues syncing music and playing it between machines.

Recently, for personal reasons, I needed to move to OneDrive. So I did a similar structure and configured paths so that my PC and laptop would mirror each other.
For some reason, however, MM5 is unable to find any of the songs; I noticed the track paths, instead of starting with D:\ (rest of the path), it instead read [New vol]\(rest of the path).

In other words, the drive letter is replaced with the drive name, and my PC and laptop don't have matching drive names. I did not expect this to be an issue.

I did some research and I found a thread saying that MM5 uses the driveID. I tried changing my laptop's drive name to match the PC's name but it did not work. I also tried formating the drive and giving it the same name but it did not work either.

I'm stumped, and I'm a bit bummed out why it worked nicely with Google Drive and not OneDrive. Again, I would prefer to have everything in OneDrive and not juggle between clouds

Can someone help me? Am I missing something?
Thank you in advance!
Lowlander

Re: MM5 and OneDrive

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey uses the driveID and this can be fixed with: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... sign_Drive
adrian_glz

Post by adrian_glz »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:13 am MediaMonkey uses the driveID and this can be fixed with: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... sign_Drive
Thank you for the response!

I tried to follow the instructions that the page mentioned but for some reason, my tracks and locations were totally blank in the Collections I was fixing.
However, I went to Entire Library - Location and followed the same instructions and it totally worked!
PatRS

Post by PatRS »

Hi Adrian_giz,

I want to download music from Onedrive to my laptop as well, and can you tell me what settings you configured, or how MM can download just music files from Onedrive. I attempted this last night however it appears MM downloads the entire contents of Onedrive.
Thanks!