Playback - continuously plays track 1 of album or playlist

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

donmacn

Playback - continuously plays track 1 of album or playlist

Post by donmacn »

Hey folks,
Hope someone will be kind enough to help.

I've been using MM for a while, desktop and Android. Mostly it just works, so I don't need to ask for help. But right now, I do need a bit of assistance.

Two nights ago, I played several albums perfectly - opened the album; hit play on the first track; and the whole album played. This is what I would call normal behaviour, and exactly what normally happens.

Tonight - no updates or anything in the meantime - if I do the same thing, it just continuously loops/repeats the first track unless I manually select the next track.

I've looked through all the options apparently available, and I can't see anything relevant.

Can anyone advise what I should do? I'm sure there's computer logic here, but I've no idea what it is.

I believe there is a 'now playing' list somewhere. Could this be the issue? How do I find it? Or is it not a visible thing.

My only music source for the next three weeks is MM and my phone, so I could really do with understanding what's going on.

If it matters, playback is via a car audio system; and I did try a restart of the phone.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Playback - continuously plays track 1 of album or playlist

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like you enabled Repeat One. Tap the Artwork on the Now Playing screen and this will reveal the Repeat and Shuffle buttons. Set it to Repeat All or disable Repeat.
donmacn

Post by donmacn »

Simple as that. Thank you very much indeed.

I never usually go near these buttons. I'm of an age where an album would be played one side at a time, and you flipped the disc halfway through, so I always just play from start to finish.

Really appreciate the quick reply.

Thanks👍
Craig68x

Post by Craig68x »

That didn't solve mine. Why is version so hard to play continuous tracks without jumping through so many hoops? The last version way better. I should be able to click on a track and have it go to next track without stopping. Too many damn buttons for so many stupid things. Play the damn playlist in order. I paid for this version (5.0), now I'm I'm regretting it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using MediaMonkey for Android (which is only on version 1.x) or MediaMonkey for Windows (which is on 5.x).

Both will play what you load in their (Now) Playing in the order you loaded it by default. Please explain in more detail what exactly you're trying to accomplish.