[REQ] Auto-Tagging QOL suggestions

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

SepticFuddy

[REQ] Auto-Tagging QOL suggestions

Post by SepticFuddy »

Howdy,

For the most part, auto-tagging works much more nicely than it did in MM4. Good job on that! There are, however, a few little tweaks that would make it so much more streamlined:
  1. Option to tag only the year of the date portion. The month and day are irrelevant to me and thus just noise.
  2. Ability to multi-select edit for a particular field. For example, changing DD-MM-YY in the "Date" column to "YYYY" manually currently requires doing so separately for each individual track. Tweaking album name, artist fields, genre, etc. would benefit from this as well.
  3. Option to ignore "Disc #" values in a manner that starts the track numbers for the next disc based on the last track number of the previous disc. I mostly find disc separations to be cumbersome and annoying, and just want the album's tracks to play in the correct order with minimal effort.
  4. Ability to select/de-select particular fields for modification, preferably on a per-track basis. Maybe I prefer my capitalization scheme to the database one, or I already fixed the "Date" column but still need to tag lyrics, etc.
  5. Return the ability to select alternate result entries from the database lookup. It was a bit messy in MM4, but sometimes one entry handled things better than another. Sometimes the default result was actually wrong, while an alternate one was correct. In the latter case using MM5, I end up having to manually clean things up until hopefully the result is the correct one, whereas in MM4 sometimes that wasn't necessary.
Thanks for listening.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Auto-Tagging QOL suggestions

Post by Lowlander »

3) Should not be in an issue in getting the correct sort if you're sorting on Album. You can use Tools > Edit Tags > Auto-Increment Track #s if you want get sequential numbering.

4) Not exactly as requested, but you can control what Auto-Tag will tag.

5) Auto-Tag will often return alternatives (from same source though) and you can choose alternatives per tag
SepticFuddy

Re: [REQ] Auto-Tagging QOL suggestions

Post by SepticFuddy »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:57 pm 3) Should not be in an issue in getting the correct sort if you're sorting on Album. You can use Tools > Edit Tags > Auto-Increment Track #s if you want get sequential numbering.

4) Not exactly as requested, but you can control what Auto-Tag will tag.

5) Auto-Tag will often return alternatives (from same source though) and you can choose alternatives per tag
Some of those were helpful, thank you