Autocomplete of field contents no longer happens?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

feline1

Re: Autocomplete of field contents no longer happens?

Post by feline1 »

Are you using Windows 10?

The way the Properties dialog behaves, this rather feels like Windows is over-zealously suppressing a 'pop-up' widget from launching (although I'm just speculating)
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:34 pm You can start with trying to rebuild the database. Auto-Complete should have all values in the Library and no values not in the Library and it works like that for me.
Actually just tried this again, and this time it seems to have worked :lol:
After all that kerfuffle.
Not sure why the last MediaMonkey update made my database ill, but it seems to be sorted now with no permanent ill-effects...

(Would it be possible to have some of check-sum thing done before and after software updates, to make sure they don't mess up the database?)
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Oh hell - spoke too soon -
so today, after having rebuilt my database yesterday, when I go to sync my Sony Walkman is says 'File(s) and playlist(s) to delete from this device (21396)'

In other words it's now decided that my entire library no longer matches what's on my device and wants to re-transfer the whole lot again. Which typically will take about 4 whole days (and dozens of crashes).
Not sure this was the great workaround I originally thought :lol: :lol:
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Well, just to say that I installed the latest MMW5 beta,
this damn-annoying failure of auto-complete in tag fields, that nobody else could reproduce and that wasn't an known issue and there was no fix for.... appears to be fixed in the beta. 8)
So that's great. (Although how it got fixed if it wasn't a known issue and no-one could reproduce it and no fix was done for it, I do not know :lol: But I am not gonna complain :D )
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

feline1 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:26 pm
Erwin Hanzl wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:38 am P.S.: It is incomprehensible to me why so many users resist alpha and beta versions.
This is probably the 3rd silliest thing I have read on the Internet all week :lol:
feline1 » 02 Oct 2022 wrote: Well, just to say that I installed the latest MMW5 beta,
God save the king! - One problem user less.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:22 am
feline1 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:26 pm
Erwin Hanzl wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:38 am P.S.: It is incomprehensible to me why so many users resist alpha and beta versions.
This is probably the 3rd silliest thing I have read on the Internet all week :lol:
feline1 » 02 Oct 2022 wrote: Well, just to say that I installed the latest MMW5 beta,
God save the king! - One problem user less.
Yeah Mr Smartypants of Vienna, I have NO IDEA why someone with a 750GB library they've been curating for years would be reluctant to install alpha and beta builds which come with warnings about not having been tested properly and how they may corrupt data. It's incomprehensible :roll:

"In fairness" though MediaMonkey's release builds seem to have more untested bugs in them that the betas do :lol:
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
feline1 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:48 am "In fairness" though MediaMonkey's release builds seem to have more untested bugs in them that the betas do
I would disagree on that. each build before release goes thru testing of fixes, but there is always a case of ...

I agree that IF SOMETHING WORKS DO NOT CHANGE as it can become worse.
feline1 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:48 am I have NO IDEA why someone with a 750GB library they've been curating for years would be reluctant to install alpha and beta builds which come with warnings about not having been tested properly and how they may corrupt data. It's incomprehensible
I have 10TB Library 200k+ tracks and always read what changes are and if they are related to my daily usage. If yes test few backup tracks. Note that it is common disclaimer of using non mature version of any app. My first upgrade from Win 7 -> Win 10 deleted all my User files and folders and I would need data recovery service, lucky I avoided it due the backups and my media is not on that PC but on NAS.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts