Selecting a song clears playlist?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Benzin

Selecting a song clears playlist?

Post by Benzin »

Using MMA (gold) on my phone. While i drive i have it set to shuffle all. If i then say "Hey google, play XYZ song", it works. But then the play now / shuffle all list is gone. After the song ends the playback stops, hitting the "next" button on my car just beeps twice, hitting the "previous" button repeats the same song. There is only the song i chose on the list.
If i want to continue playing other songs, i have to take my eyes of the road, look at the phone screen and tap to go back to select all tracks / or playlist, then select something there.

Ibe set the option under settings to "preserve play now list after play now" (or whatever its called), but it doesnt work. It still clears the list if i select a song. :roll:

This alone, has made me go back to Poweramp. Wich is a shame, because A, i paid for the gold version. And B, i like the simple design of MMA.
In Poweramp i can do the exact same thing, and after the song i chose ends, it continues playing other songs. Wich is what i would expect mma to do.

Any ideas of what im doing wrong, or is this a known bug?

Thanks for any feedback!

EDIT: Also, any hopes of improving the randomize / shuffle algorithm? it seems i only hear the same 10 - 20 songs all the time. Out of the 600+ songs on my phone.
Blorkersson

Re: Selecting a song clears playlist?

Post by Blorkersson »

any hopes of improving the randomize / shuffle algorithm? it seems i only hear the same 10 - 20 songs all the time. Out of the 600+ songs on my phone.
An AutoPlaylist will provide a working solution to this problem. AutoPlaylists can automatically update their content according to the rules for the Playlist. If you create a playlist that has two rules:
a. include all of your music library
b. Last played is greater than x days ago (the rule is Last Played > (days ago) x) where x is the number you decide
that will create a playlist that reduces (if not eliminates) the possibility of hearing the same songs too often. Every time you subsequently Sync the device (MMA) with MMW that playlist gets updated and the revised version is then modified in MMA as well.

I have created (and frequently use) at least ten AutoPlaylists on my device, so if you require further information on how this works, or on setting up the AutoPlaylist, please ask.
Erwin Hanzl

Re: Selecting a song clears playlist?

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@Benzin
EDIT: Also, any hopes of improving the randomize / shuffle algorithm? it seems i only hear the same 10 - 20 songs all the time. Out of the 600+ songs on my phone.
You can prevent this as follows wherever the "Shuffle to NowPlaying" icon is visible:

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation