Streamdeck integration

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Sam_H

Streamdeck integration

Post by Sam_H »

I've released a plugin for the Elgato streamdeck to control mediamonkey. This includes player controls such as play/pause, along with live display of current playing track information. Further details are included on the Git page.

https://github.com/sam-horne/streamdeck-mediamonkey5
drakinite

Re: Streamdeck integration

Post by drakinite »

Very nice!! I'll bet this'll come in very useful to anyone with a streamdeck.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Sam_H wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:48 pm I've released a plugin for the Elgato streamdeck to control mediamonkey. This includes player controls such as play/pause, along with live display of current playing track information.
WOW!!!!! One of rare piece of hardware it is on my to get list.

I helped a friend to setup two XL for gaming and damn they are great, especially as I have Logitech G19s keyboard (previously I had G15) that have scripting macro keys. It is bit expensive but MK.2 looks beautifully and compelling.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Sam_H

Post by Sam_H »

The price does feel a little steep but I've been impressed by the MK2 unit so far. Although I would probably get the larger version in hindsight.

I'm also in contact with Elgato and hope to get the plugin released onto their store in the near future.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Sam_H wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:55 am I'm also in contact with Elgato and hope to get the plugin released onto their store in the near future.
Please let us know if we can help you something to verify plugin, and or make it faster, ...

Have you looked if you can wrap it up also as MMIP file so that you can also make some sort of Automatization from MM side.

We are open for any help you need.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Sam_H

Post by Sam_H »

Thanks for the offer but no need as the plugin is now on the Elgato store: https://apps.elgato.com/plugins/com.sam ... diamonkey5.

This was my first attempt writing javascript and I've not really looked at addons from the mediamonkey side yet. There are a few automations I'd like to implement at some point. Mainly using events from mediamonkeys API rather than polling mediamonkey every second to refresh now playing data. I'm also welcome to any suggestions/contributions.
douglgm

Post by douglgm »

Hey Sam, I've been using your plugin on a daily basis. Thank you for this.

Just wondered if it would be possible to have a button to set the volume to a specific, absolute volume provided as an argument rather than just the +x% and -x%?