Debug Mode Not Working for Me Recently on Some Scripts

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

MyVikes

Debug Mode Not Working for Me Recently on Some Scripts

Post by MyVikes »

I've been using the hard link tip at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81285 for development but, for some reason i can't determine, it stopped working on "some scripts" forcing me to exit and re-start MM5 anytime i make a change. I think it happened with the recent debug version 5.0.4.2653 but i'm not sure.

I noticed the option to set "Developer mode" won't stick now. If i check the box in About click OK and return it's no longer checked.

I tried to revert to the prior version to see how it behaved but i also can't get it to stick and i know it worked on that version previously.
Peke

Re: Debug Mode Not Working for Me Recently on Some Scripts

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you enable developer mode and restart MM manually and see if it sticks?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MyVikes

Post by MyVikes »

i had tried that before and did again but the Developer mode checkbox is always unchecked when i open about.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Are you using portable or non portable?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
MyVikes

Post by MyVikes »

Non-portable (i.e. regular, right?) but i just tried reinstalling and it never asked one way or the other.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

After checking, I can confirm that the checkbox does not display properly. However, developer mode should still be enabled (Try to force the app to crash after enabling the checkbox. It shouldn't send a debug log.)
Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19211
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.