Video Stream Info

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

guythis31

Video Stream Info

Post by guythis31 »

I have two questions based on a task I'm doing at the moment. I have a bunch of video files in my library that I am currently converting to hev/h265 encoding. In the details page of the properties Media Monkey shows the encoding type(h265 hev, h264 acv, etc) in the video stream info which leads to my two questions

1 - Is there a way to show the encoding type in the library and search and filter on it

2 - Is there a way to make Media Monkey update the video stream information? Right now after I convert a file Media Monkey does not update the stream information unless I remove the file from my library and re-add it after converting it.

Any help would be apperciated! Thanks! And I guess just for clarity while I say convert technically I'm making a new file with the different encoded with the same file name and then replacing the old file. Media Monkey plays the new file from the library no problem since the name and location is the same it just doesn't update the stream info.
Lowlander

Re: Video Stream Info

Post by Lowlander »

1) No.

2) Does Rescanning not update this?
guythis31

Post by guythis31 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:02 pm 1) No.

2) Does Rescanning not update this?
Thanks for the speedy reply! Rescanning does not update the video stream information for my files.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Make sure that Update only on time stamp is disabled as that will force that MM re scan all files and not just those that are modified and newer.

Just tested and for me info is updated. Tested on MKV with x264/x265 and MP3/AC3 Audio, also I tested 1080p vs 720p vs 4k encoded files. All updated correctly on re scan.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
guythis31

Post by guythis31 »

Got it now, I had to turn on infer properties in the rescan options. Thanks for the help!