MM streaming and indexing from a NAS

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

u117783

MM streaming and indexing from a NAS

Post by u117783 »

Hi together

I bought MM 1.4.3.0950 as a full version for android phones. After set up the installation, I was wondering, why I can't indexing my music files on my NAS. I can't selected the path to my NAS. It make sence, to have all file at one location.

Could it be possible, to add this feature in the next releases? It would be very helpful and I can stream and search the music files over media monkey.

Thanks for a quick reply.

U117783
Peke

Re: MM streaming and indexing from a NAS

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This can't be done from MMA, only from MM on Windows as MMA is not fully flagged manager, but Media Library and Player on device and also use DLNA, Chromecast, BT to play music from/to other device like NAS, TVs, ....

In MM on Windows you can scan, manage, organize files from to NAS (real NAS not cloud NAS that are not fully NAS) shared folders and have all in one place. This is how I use it for years.

NOTE: For DLNA servers, most NAS have it embed you can search tracks from MMA and play them.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
u117783

Post by u117783 »

Hi,
absolutely correct. MM for Windows it is working perfectly and as expected. Will check this once again.

How big is the possibility to add this "PBI" to the next releases ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

u117783 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:25 am How big is the possibility to add this "PBI" to the next releases ?
In MMA very slim, unless there is number of requests for implementing direct network shares from MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts