Properties box defaults slightly off screen [#19228]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Properties box defaults slightly off screen [#19228]

Post by tbm72 »

I've been seeing this for a long time and just put up with it but it can be a bit annoying. When I right-click and open a track's properties box, the dialogue box often appears slightly too low down the screen so the [Prev] [Next] [OK] [Cancel] buttons at the bottom of the box get cut off by the Windows Taskbar:

Obviously I can reposition the dialogue box further up so I can then see all the buttons and that usually fixes it for the rest of the session while MMW is still open. But usually after a restart it then goes back to being low down/off screen the next time I open a track's properties box again.

I use a 3 monitor setup with MMW always on the leftmost monitor. All 3 monitors set to 1920x1080 resolution with no scaling.
Lowlander

Re: Properties box defaults slightly off screen

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) is this happening for? Do you have set an increased text size in windows?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Very latest build (5.0.4.2655) and just default text size in Windows (no increased scaling).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This lots of sound like https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19194 can you please confirm your settings.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I don't think it's the same issue. I don't use any ease of access settings and my Windows scale/layout is set to default size and not overscaled. It's not that the properties dialogue box is oversized, it's just placed lower down the screen the first time I open it. I can drag it back higher up and it's fine until I restart MM again.

In fact when I first launch MM and then right click a track's properties I can see for a split second that the dialogue box is higher up the screen in its correct place. But then it instantly jumps down lower so the buttons are hidden off the bottom of the screen. If I drag the box up and then click OK or Cancel it stays in that location each time I go to Properties again.

But then after quitting MM and relaunching, the first time I right click Properties again the same thing happens again. Box appears for a split second in the correct location then jumps back down so it's partially off screen.

I don't know if I might be able to capture it in a video - will try.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Here's a quick video showing it (sorry, no screen recording software so had to use my phone!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1hqsyaf3xc5saw/MM.mp4?dl=0

After I quit MM and restart it does the same thing again when I right click properties and have to drag box up each time.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
THX, replicated. Restart was the crucial step.

Added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19228
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts