Sync to USB - Add Library to Joying Android Car Stereo

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Danck

Sync to USB - Add Library to Joying Android Car Stereo

Post by Danck »

Hi and hello there! I'm hoping that someone can help me figure this out, hopefully I can explain this clearly the first time.

I have about 1.5tb of mp3 audio. I want to bring it all with me in the car. I have a 2tb USB ssd drive, which I can either copy everything to manually without involving MM or I can use MM to sync to it (I've never waited the whole time for that to finish, as it gets slower and slower and I give up waiting after a couple days. But that's not my issue. At least not yet.)

Armed with any amount of data copied to the USB, I connect it to my Joying Android car stereo, where it is identified without issue, and I can cherry pick songs to play through the file system. Fully fully connected. I have the latest version of MM installed to this Android radio, and I want MM to use that USB as its library. Is that not a thing? When I go into the settings to select it as the library, I can see the whole USB in the list (called mycrap). I can hit the + to select it, which then shows me the root level of the USB and there's a button top right that says "Add mycrap" and I hit it, and everything seems awesome. I can then hit the sync button, but that only fails to Wi-Fi sync (and I don't want to involve Wi-Fi in any way) and my library remains woefully and frustratingly devoid of the thousands of files at its digital fingertips. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and I have no doubt it's something crazy stupid that I'm just not seeing or understanding.

I don't yet want to get into the frustratingly slow load times of syncing 1.5tb to the USB, because if I can't get MMA to bring even file one into its library, solving sync is cart before the horse.

Thanks for your time and considerations!
Dan
Peke

Re: Sync to USB - Add Library to Joying Android Car Stereo

Post by Peke »

Hi Dan,

I have your same complete frustration. I do not have Joying, but DASAITA (HA) with Custom MTCE Malaysk ROMs for PX5. Joying from what I know is not MTCD/E device due teh MCU implementation even they use almost same SOC PX5/PX6/PX30/MAX6/... in their devices.

There is a thing about Android and large storage devices. It is simply not optimized for that, where Chrome Book OS is :(

We will be addressing that in MMA 2.0, but for now only and safest way would be not to add SSD folders to MMA library, but use Folders browser to navigate tracks on storage :(

Reason for that is that MMA do not do file scanning but leave that to Google Media Scanner, that is slooooooooow as .....

At least till MMA 2.0 gets to public there is nothing that can be done and optimize :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts