Play now Win 10 not working

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

DJFATTRIP

Play now Win 10 not working

Post by DJFATTRIP »

In Windows when I double click or right click "play in media monkey" an audio file, mm5 just plays the last song playing. I have to clear the playlist or "play Next" and skip the song. mm4 worked fine and Inside mm5 not a problem

any ideas
Lowlander

Re: Play now Win 10 not working

Post by Lowlander »

This bug has been fixed in the latest MediaMonkey 5.0.4 alpha.
gatolindo

Post by gatolindo »

I have this same problem. When I right click a MP3 to play in Media Monkey it opens the software but then plays the last track I played, not the current one I'm right clicking and opening. I have to stop it from playing the previous file, then go to file/open/browse etc...

It used to work fine until this last update. I tried removing all instances of MM and even removed the REG file. Still doesn't work. I use "right click/open" all the time. Anyone have a fix as to why it's opening what was previously played and not the file I'm actually trying to open and play?

Thank you,

Eric
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am unable to replicate on my system. Are you using latest alpha version?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
wsnydes

Post by wsnydes »

I'm also having this issue. When I double click or right click play in MM, the song currently playing just restarts. I have to add the song to the current playlist and then select it. That is the case whether it's an empty playlist or my full catalog of 5400 songs.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I still can't replicate on my PC. Hav eyou tried Right click Send to -> Choose application and select MediaMonkey 5?

Make sure you ar eusing latets beta from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dream And Death

Post by Dream And Death »

I'm getting the same behaviour. Build 5.0.3.2627. All previous versions, if I double-click a file in Windows, it opens MediaMonkey (if necessary) and immediately plays the song. In this build, double-clicking doesn't work and neither does right-clicking and selecting "Play in MediaMonkey". Both actions simply restart the currently playing song
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is a known bug in MediaMonkey 5.0.3, but has already been fixed for 5.0.4.