Mediamonkey 4.1.24.1883 no longer working for my Iphone 4s, problem only started this year

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

marie123

Mediamonkey 4.1.24.1883 no longer working for my Iphone 4s, problem only started this year

Post by marie123 »

Hi all - been a longtime Mediamonkey user on Iphone 4s

Music still plays in Mediamonkey itself but no longer downloads mp3 into iphone 4s (version 9.3.5)

I am on Windows 10 and downloaded ItunesApple ItunesSetup64.exe (I think I have the apple version)?...every time I try

The age of the software on my phone can't be the only issue, this isn't working with my iphone 6s (version 15.2.1) either. Mediamonkey will simply no longer recognize my devices.

Itunes is Version 12.12.4.1. When I downloaded it today, I rescanned all the music I have saved from "itunes" into mediamonkey and checked "sync" my iphone 4s music on startup, but none of it makes a different. When I try to send my music to the iphone 4s, nothing happens.

I don't remember what I did that made this stop, maybe updated my iphone 4s software (still very old)?

I've tried to avoid upgrading anything else and have held up upgrading mediamonkey specifically because my device is so old, but I think this became a problem when I upgraded up to 4.1.24.1883 specifically sometime this year.

What can I do?

I have the latest version of Itunes, an older version of mediamonkey, and an old phone, but this only became an issue 6 months ago. I can still play music from mediamonkey.
Peke

Re: Mediamonkey 4.1.24.1883 no longer working for my Iphone 4s, problem only started this year

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are using very very outdated version. If your License Key starts with INF- you can upgrade to MM5 free, as it incorporate fix for latest iTunes versions.

If you want to stay on MM4 then as a first step upgrade to https://www.mediamonkey.com/MediaMonkey-4_Setup.exe and then download https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... c-plug-in/ then close MM and start it using Right click -> Run as Administrator -> Go to Tools -> Addons -> Add -> Point to downloaded plugin -> Install and restart MM.

That should fix the issue with sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts