Decoding Error

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

AlanE

Decoding Error

Post by AlanE »

Periodically, over the last few days, when I've played an album/queue MMA displays an error that it can no longer read the codec (MP3). If I stop MMA (Android Settings -> App - >Force Shutdown (at least on Samsung) then I can reopen MMA and it's fine. But I don't know why it has this problem at all.

Thx,
Alan
Peke

Re: Decoding Error

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you read from SDcard, try to check for its integirity, if not see if MMA have enough rights to read files eg. App Info -> Advanced -> Permission -> Storage.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
AlanE

Post by AlanE »

Yes, it has the right to read and the card is fine. I've attached a screenshot with the error message. As I said, if I just force a shutdown (Settings->Apps->MediaMonkey->"Force Stop") and then go back to MM (or just to the widget), it's fine.

You can see the error message at the bottom of the screen - "Skipping tracks (missing codec)"

https://ibb.co/HBjDbyM
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Once that starts to happen use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs -> WRITE LOG ID HERE for reply -> TAP OK -> Finish reply here with LOG ID. That should give us enough info where it happens.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
AlanE

Post by AlanE »

The Log ID is 4TJADJVBBZ. However, the zip file that was saved was empty, so I don't know if anything as sent in.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
I have created a new issue related to empty log files.
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19275

About decoding issue:
1)Does the issue occur during local playback or during casting e.g. to chromecast device?
2) Are you sure that these tracks are mp3 and not e.g. m4a?
3) Are these tracks skipped always?

If the issue is during local playback you can try to change in Options/Playback/Audio transition from "Gapless" to "None". It may help to better identify which tracks are involved.
AlanE

Post by AlanE »

I posted another log today - SZ56TBBT68

I believe that the problem occurs both during local play and while casting. But probably more while casting.

Yes, all the tracks are MP3. They were created by MediaMonkey transcoded from FLAC

No. For example, I played an album last night while falling asleep. Woke up and tried to play it again, but this problem occurred.