Syncing problem, Android, not showing

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jospanner

Syncing problem, Android, not showing

Post by jospanner »

Hi, I have MediaMonkey 4 running in Windows 10, and an Asus Zenphone X00QD running Android 9.

I can't get the phone to show up as a device in MediaMonkey. Although, it used to!

I'm trying to take a playlist and send it (and its files) to my phone so I can play them back in my car via bluetooth. I used to be able to get the phone and program to sync just fine, but now it doesn't.

I've tried getting the phone to appear in Windows Media Player and WACUP (a version of Winamp) and it's not showing up there either. Although, it does appear in Windows' My Computer as USB MTP Device, and the files are accessible via that.

USB settings on the phone are as follows:-
https://imgur.com/a/BQCFZaa

I can't change the USB host ("Couldn't switch"), although I don't know if that's important. I have tried three different USB cables and three different USB ports on the PC.

Can anyone help me? If the USB connection doesn't work is there another way to get a 5gb playlist into my phone in a way that's sensible?
Peke

Re: Syncing problem, Android, not showing

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My best guess is that Driver for device is not correctly installed. generic Driver may work for Windows but not for other apps as they do not have full access to device.

Try with this driver https://dl.google.com/android/repositor ... indows.zip with these steps:

1. Connect your Asus ZenFone 5 (ZE620KL) X00QD to the computer with a USB cable;
  2. In the search field of the Start menu of your Windows computer, enter ” Device Manager ” and click on the first result to access the section of the Control Panel dedicated to managing all peripherals and connected devices or an integral part of the computer;
  3. Device Manager Window will be opened where you can find the one dedicated to Manage Portable devices. By clicking, you will notice the Asus ZenFone 5 (ZE620KL) X00QD you connected to the computer.
  4. Now, click with the right mouse button on the name of your phone and choose Properties.
  5. Then, go to the Driver section and click on Update Driver
  6. Then choose the item “Search for the driver software on your computer” and then “Browse“. At this point, all you have to do is search for the driver package you just downloaded, double-click it and continue with the installation wizard of the Android USB driver.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts