Need to change the path on every file in the library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Need to change the path on every file in the library

Post by ZvezdanD »

You could do exactly what you want with the Update Location of Files in Database add-on, assuming that your \\IPaddress\sharename physically exists.

However, I doubt that you will get anything better with such change. If you have an issue playing files in Windows, then your NAS and/or network connection is problematic, not software. Changing program or even OS cannot fix a broken hardware.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

Thanks for posting.
I was not aware of that script and will take a look at it.

This isn't a hardware issue.
Everything works perfectly except MMW4.
I can play back music using WMP, VLC or Winamp just fine from the NAS.
Only MMW4 gives me problems.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

mwg47x wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:56 pm Everything works perfectly except MMW4.
This is not what you said before:
mwg47x wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:20 pm So I was wrong, right clicking and starting playback from Windows doesn't always work either.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:05 pm
mwg47x wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:56 pm Everything works perfectly except MMW4.
This is not what you said before:
mwg47x wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:20 pm So I was wrong, right clicking and starting playback from Windows doesn't always work either.
Your correct, I did say that but I wasn't clear in what I meant which can be a fault of mine at times...

If I right click a music file in Windows and click "Play in MediaMonkey", sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
However, if I do an "open with" and choose VLC or Winamp, it does work 100% of the time.
I want to use MMW because I can pipe it to my 2 channel stereo system with good speakers etc using DLNA as the player.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

What happens when you choose "Play in MediaMonkey" and it doesn't work? Is that file appears in Now Playing panel at all? Is its color gray? Are you getting such behavior during regular access to NAS or only after waking it up?
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:23 pm What happens when you choose "Play in MediaMonkey" and it doesn't work? Is that file appears in Now Playing panel at all? Is its color gray? Are you getting such behavior during regular access to NAS or only after waking it up?
When doing the right click sometimes it just doesn't play.
Yes, it does appear in Now Playing.
Usually after messing with it for a minute I can get it to work when right clicking the music file.
I don't think I have ever seen it go gray when doing it that way. (Right clicking and clicking Play in MediaMonkey)
It only goes gray when trying to play from MMW proper.

This TrueNAS box doesn't go to sleep.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I doubt that MM4 is the reason for such behavior, especially since it "worked fine for years and then in the last 2 or 3 months or so it has become a major issue."

In my experience, there are only two reasons why MM could suddenly start behaving badly: a broken database or broken settings stored in MediaMonkey.ini file. Since you have a problem even with files opened from Windows with "Play in MediaMonkey", then the database is not a problem (assuming that you tried to open file that is not already added to the database).

You could test these two possible reasons by renaming the MM.DB and MediaMonkey.ini files temporarily to e.g. MM.DB.bak and MediaMonkey.ini.bak, and when you start the program it will be fresh. Their location is explained here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ini-files/. Then you could try the same right-click thing in Windows to see if it happens again. After you finish with the test, remove the bak extensions from the original two files. Or, you could try to install MM4 on your wife's computer if it is connected to the same NAS and do the same test with the empty database and clean .ini file.

By the way, MM5 works fine on Win7 (at least for now).
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

Thanks for all that info!
I really appreciate it. :D

I will play around with all this tomorrow since I have the day off from work.