Raspberry Pi with LCD Screen showing whats playing

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

wings31

Raspberry Pi with LCD Screen showing whats playing

Post by wings31 »

Hey!

Was curious about running MM from a Raspberry Pi and having an LCD screen that shows the album cover and artist and song that is playing? Music located either local or on a NAS.

Has anyone done anything similar to this with MM?
drakinite

Re: Raspberry Pi with LCD Screen showing whats playing

Post by drakinite »

I haven't tried running MM on a raspberry pi, but until we have a native Linux release (eventually... :crossed_fingers:) you may have better results with MediaMonkeyServer: https://github.com/mediamonkeyserver/mms/
It's still in alpha, but it works better on Linux. Not super sure how to make that kind of LCD display that you're looking for, but maybe someone could add a simple preview mode to the web UI.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
wings31

Re: Raspberry Pi with LCD Screen showing whats playing

Post by wings31 »

cool thanks for the tip.