MM taking forver to load, title screen stuck

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MaloneRainja

MM taking forver to load, title screen stuck

Post by MaloneRainja »

Been having this problem for upwards of 8 or 9 months. MM often takes 20+ minutes to load and while loading the title page is stuck on screen preventing me from doing anything else. I've read this has something to do with Windows Security/Firewall, but I've turned off real time protection and it doesn't seem to work. I have Malware bytes running, could that be the issue?

Today I gave up after about 15 min and just shut down MM while loading. Or at least I thought I did. Then a couple minutes later it magically opened at the same time Malware bytes popped on screen which is making me wonder if these issues are connected to it.

This is super frustrating and I'll confess I'm thinking about switching from MM after a decade or more of being a loyal user. I currently have the Gold edition, but it's been nothing but issues the past few years and updates. Loading songs onto my iPhone is often an adventure now too. And overall just not a big fan of the last major interface update. Simple tasks seem needlessly complicated now.
Lowlander

Re: MM taking forver to load, title screen stuck

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using?
MaloneRainja

Post by MaloneRainja »

Says 5.0.2.2532

Edit: Just updated to whatever the most recent one is, but it got stuck on the screen again so I just shut it down.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When this happens are multiple MediaMonkey.exe's running in Task Manager? Also which version of Windows do you use?
MaloneRainja

Post by MaloneRainja »

It's possible two versions were running. I didn't realize I still had 4 on my computer as well. Now i've deleted it but this caused a host of other problems. My computer doesn't recognize FLAC files as audio files or associate them with MM anymore. And apparently I can't burn CDs anymore without MM4.

This seems to have fixed the loading issue though. It's down to a tolerable 60 seconds of the title screen and waiting.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5.0.4 can burn CD's
MaloneRainja

Post by MaloneRainja »

Thanks. I realized this after reading on the board more. I've updated and I'm burning again.