Custom Nodes for MMW5

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

RiffRaffAK

Custom Nodes for MMW5

Post by RiffRaffAK »

How do you configure Custom Nodes in MMW5? The only options I have after installing are: Show Pop & Rock genres
or
Show 5 most played tracks.

None of these are what I need. Specifically, I am trying to configure a Music Subnode for Complete Albums. Can anyone help with this?
Barry4679

Re: Custom Nodes for MMW5

Post by Barry4679 »

RiffRaffAK wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:08 pm How do you configure Custom Nodes in MMW5? The only options I have after installing are: Show Pop & Rock genres
or
Show 5 most played tracks.

None of these are what I need. Specifically, I am trying to configure a Music Subnode for Complete Albums. Can anyone help with this?
You mentioned both nodes and sub-nodes in your query. Which of these are you wanting to create?
Firstly let's agree on the definition of "subnode" .... is it #1 or #2 in this diagram ?

FWIIW #1 is a node (aka Collection), and #2 is a sub-node.

If you asking about #2, there is no way to create a custom sub-node in MM5.
That would need to handled by a Add-on,. There was one in MM4 (MagicNodes), but I am not aware of any that could do that for you in MM5 atm

Creating a new node is simple to achieve, but it requires the Gold Version of MM5, ie. not the free version.
How it works is documented here.
The instructions are sketchy. Ask again if you need more assistance.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

MM 5.0.4.2657 Alpha
by RiffRaffAK » 23 Jul 2022, 02:08
How do you configure Custom Nodes in MMW5?
One access: TOOLS> Options> Library>Collections and Views
Double click on your collection (Music)
Then on the Sub-Nodes tab - here you can select from the available nodes and also change the order in the view.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Re the custom nodes addon, AFAIK currently there is only the customNodes sample script (copy it from sampleScripts to scripts folder) where you can define custom nodes like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz72gh529883r ... 4.png?dl=0