Syncing through a playlist, not all artists showing under album artist, all items syncing

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

29metalmonkey29

Syncing through a playlist, not all artists showing under album artist, all items syncing

Post by 29metalmonkey29 »

Hello,

I am new to syncing playlists. I used to select my syncing choices through the music folder/directory but I wanted a way I could more easily manage it when switching devices. I have started to use a playlist to sync and have unselected everything in the music folder. I have two issues.

The first is that not all of my artists are showing in MMA under the album artist view. But when I go to the playlist and search (in MMA), they are there and they play. I have looked at the properties and everything appears to be as it should.

The second issue I have is that every song is syncing each time I sync instead only updates or changes.

Any recommendations? Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Syncing through a playlist, not all artists showing under album artist, all items syncing

Post by Lowlander »

Could the missing values be from files not classified as Type = Music in MMW?

How did you Sync to the device and which version (Help > About) of MMW did you Sync from (if you used MMW for Sync)?
29metalmonkey29

Re: Syncing through a playlist, not all artists showing under album artist, all items syncing

Post by 29metalmonkey29 »

One of the albums in question is music type on the pc. Only one I checked.

I synced using mediamonkey via a cable using version 5.0.4.2657. MMA is version 1.4.3.0950.

I use the cable because I am not very successful via wifi sync. Usually have connection issues and stuff despite good wifi. Not to mention so far I have had to disable vpn and turn off related settings for discovery to work. But that can be for another day. I don't mind using the cable, only mention it because I believe wifi is recommended.