Auto-Tagging gets stuck

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

binderni

Auto-Tagging gets stuck

Post by binderni »

Hi,

I'm new to MediaMonkey. I decided to finally migrate a huge collection of untagged music from my DJ Library to MediaMonkey after my DJ Software corrupted it's Database. I even got the MM Gold License.

I decided to go the route of auto-tagging, which seems to work very well, until it doesn't. When I'm auto-tagging, it all seems to work fine until it suddenly doesn't progress anymore. From my findings, it seems like it's getting stuck if it doesn't find any art-work for the track. Now, this isn't a major problem by itself (I'll just look it up manually), but it's really annoying that it doesn't progress. Now, to make matters worse, I'd have to restart the whole tagging process from the point on where it froze (excluding the problematic track of course), wouldn't I? There doesn't seem to be a "skip this track" option or something. That is really annoying, especially if it freezes early on in the process.

Anyone else having this problem? Any advice?

Thanks,

Nicholas
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Tagging gets stuck

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this freezing in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.