Classical Music sync check box - what does it do?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Marbrien

Classical Music sync check box - what does it do?

Post by Marbrien »

I have a mixed music library of classical and non-classical music. I use MMW5 under Windows 10 and sync to a Fiio X1 device via its USB cable.

On the Configuration dialogue for the device, the Sync list (Library -> Device) page has check boxes for Music and Classical Music. I assume I always want to have the Music box checked. I have two questions:

1. If I have the Music box checked, what difference does it make to the sync if I have the Classical Music box checked or if I have it unchecked?

2. Do these two check boxes work in exactly the same way in MMW4 and in MMW5?

I can't seem to find any description of how these check boxes work together on the Help Content page for this part of the sync configuration, and I can't find any clear description elsewhere. Hence my questions.
Lowlander

Re: Classical Music sync check box - what does it do?

Post by Lowlander »

It means you will Sync that entire Collection. So all files MediaMonkey shows in the Classic Music Collection will be Synced if you enable the Classical Music Collection in the Sync List this.

It's up to you if you want to Sync entire Collections, or want to pick specific items to be Synced. This is unchanged from MediaMonkey 4.
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

I still don't understand.

If I'm already syncing all my music via the Music check box, I don't understand the function of the Classical Music check box. Or are you saying classical music is not synced at all unless the Classical Music box is checked?

And is this the same under MMW4 as MMW5?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If all files in the Classical Music Collection are already included in the Music Collection then enabling this to Sync won't change a thing. Files will only Sync once, even if they're part of multiple selections in the Sync List.
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

Thank you. I believe all my classical music tracks appear in the Music Collection, an ad hoc check seems to confirm that. That addresses my concern over whether media files were being omitted from or duplicated on the device - you're saying neither is the case.

And again, do these two boxes work the same in MMW4 as in MMW5?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it works the same.
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

Thanks for the explanations.