Auto adding files even with scanning disabled

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

meezoid

Auto adding files even with scanning disabled

Post by meezoid »

Hi

I recently updated to MM5 and I’m having some problems with the auto scan functionality aggressively seeking music files even when I’ve turned it off.

I really use MM as a batch converter / tagger of files. So as I get a load of new music, I manually drag it into MM, make the changes I want, batch convert to a new location, and then delete the files from my library ready for the next batch.

However now, when I drag folders or files in, the program is automatically scanning and adding all files it can find in every folder and subfolder which is in the same location. This is really annoying and the only workaround I can find is to make a temporary copy in a different location and import this instead, which is a pain and I didn’t use to have to do this in earlier versions.

Is there any way to stop this behaviour and have fullly manual control over what MM adds? I have used the Add/Rescan files option to set everything to manual, and I’ve looked through the options but can’t see anything that disables this behaviour.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Auto adding files even with scanning disabled

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying this happens with file drags? It would be expected for a folder drag. Which Build (Help > About) are you seeing this with?
meezoid

Post by meezoid »

sorry, yes - just folder drags.

e.g. in the folder //incoming/music/ I have 300 folders, each one corresponding to an album. If i drag 1 of the folders into MM, it only loads that folder. If I drag 5 or 6, then it starts scanning the other 300. I don't want it to!

Build 5.0.3.2627
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For folder drags it would be expected that all content of that folder (including sub-folders) is scanned.

Are you saying that if you drag:

folder A/folder 1

and
folder A/folder 2

and
folder A/folder 3

and
folder A/folder 4

and
folder A/folder 5

and
folder A/folder 6

That when you drag folder 5 or 6 that all content of folder A is now scanned (ie. folder A/folder 7 and folder A/folder 8 as well)?
meezoid

Post by meezoid »

yes, exactly. so it's taking all the other folders in the parent directory as sources even though i haven't dragged them and i have autoscan turned off
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.