Can't Sync New Songs Added to Playlist from Device to PC

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

PK_GT

Can't Sync New Songs Added to Playlist from Device to PC

Post by PK_GT »

Hi,
I have only one Playlist folder on my android device and I always export an updated playlist file to this folder. This folder is also added to the Sync Device section of MediaMonkey, under Device to Library Configuration. Still, whenever I sync from Device to my PC's MediaMonkey library, none of the new songs in these playlists are copied over. These are the songs that already exist on my phone (imported using MediaMonkey on PC), and I am simply assigning them to a new playlist. Basically, MediaMonkey works only one way, PC to Device. I can add new/existing songs to new/existing Playlists on my PC, and they will export correctly to my device. However, I listen to music on my phone, so it is easier for me to add the songs I like on my phone while I am listening to them. I perform a Device to Library Sync first, so my Playlist folder is not overwritten by Library to Device Sync. I don't see what can be the issue (except a forum post that mentioned Two-Way sync of songs added to Playlists is not possible!?)

Please recommend a solution and if none exists, recommend a software that can get this done.

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Can't Sync New Songs Added to Playlist from Device to PC

Post by Lowlander »

The songs shouldn't copy back to the PC, if they were Synced by MMW to the device, however the Playlists should update (if not AutoPlaylists in MMW). The Playlists do show (or were) updated in MMA?
PK_GT

Post by PK_GT »

Thanks. Playlists' name are updated, but let's say I have a Playlist on my phone named 5-Stars, and I have added a couple of new songs to it (that are already on my PC, Phone, and Media Monkey Library). The updated playlists contain only songs that I have assigned to them on PC and not the songs I assigned to them on my phone. In other words, Playlists' content on my PC is not updated with the correct number of newly assigned songs.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Has the Playlist been updated on both PC and device since the last Sync?