Changing Color of Large Icons When Hovering

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

chris_a_johnson

Changing Color of Large Icons When Hovering

Post by chris_a_johnson »

Is there a way to change the actual color of the large icons that you see in the Home main list when you hover over them? I can change the background color when hovering, but I want to change the color of the icon itself. I've tried adding a .largeIconHoverColor definition in the Icons.add.less file and calling it from a listview.add.less command and from within the icons.add.less file, but these don't seem to work.
Thank you.
drakinite

Re: Changing Color of Large Icons When Hovering

Post by drakinite »

You'll first need a selector for the "parent" of the icons you're trying to modify. Not sure what you mean by "Home main list", so I'm gonna assume you mean the media tree on the left. The CSS selector [data-id="mediaTree"] will work for that.

Then you need a selector for the icons. svg works, because all icons are SVG.

Lastly, you need to add a :hover selector, depending on when you want to trigger the color to change. If you want it to ONLY change when you mouse over the icon itself, this'll work:

Code: Select all

[data-id="mediaTree"] svg:hover {
	fill: @largeIconHoverColor;
}
fyi this is assuming you set @largeIconHoverColor as a LESS variable.

If you want it to change when you mouse over the associated list item in the media tree, you'll also need the .lvItem selector, which is a CSS class applied to each item in a List View:

Code: Select all

[data-id="mediaTree"] .lvItem:hover svg {
	fill: @largeIconHoverColor;
}
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.