[REQ] Now playing "Queues" [#19308]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Rob_S

[REQ] Now playing "Queues" [#19308]

Post by Rob_S »

So, on my Android phone I use the amazing "Musicolet" player, which has many of the features of MediaMonkey. There is no windows version, so running it on PC apparently requires an android emulator.

One feature it has that I really like is "Queues" which are a bit like multiple "now playing " lists. It saves up to twenty of these, which can be sorted manually, randomized, or by artist or title or whatever.

Key thing being - it also remembers where you were at (last played track) in each queue. Forward, back, next and previous has predictable results because the tracks are played in the order they are displayed. Shuffle basically randomizes the currently playing queue.

It also of course has playlists, and when you play one, it becomes another queue. Similarly playing tracks from a search creates a queue.

I think this kind of capability added to Mediamonkey would be a really nice feature to have.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Ludek

Re: [REQ] Now playing "Queues"

Post by Ludek »

Hi, thanks for feedback.

Tracking this feature request as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19308
Rob_S

Re: [REQ] Now playing "Queues" [#19308]

Post by Rob_S »

I see this one is falling by the wayside, nobody else would like this feature????
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks