Does Wifi Sync allow manual selection?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

GavinAudiobook

Does Wifi Sync allow manual selection?

Post by GavinAudiobook »

Recently upgraded to MM5 and finding the whole Wifi Sync thing problematic at best.

I have an Android phone running the latest MMA Pro, which sees the server and does the sync process if I start it from the phone

I am running MM 5.0.3.2627 on Desktop, and my phone shows under Devices and Services

If I choose the files within Sync List (Library --> Device), then it syncs (mostly) fine. I select an album with 6 tracks within it. Then when I start the sync from the phone, it downloads 4 of the tracks correctly, but not the other 2, even though they are the same format and tagged in very similar ways as far as I can see. (m4b Audiobooks)

However, that's not really what I want to do - I want to manually sync by right clicking a track or playlist - as the help suggests.

But when I right click the send to menu shows nothing related to any devices - purely folders I can copy them to.

The top google search has a post from 2016 which says Wifi Sync does not work with manual sync. However, that was clearly an old version and the current help does not seem to say that.

Is manual sync available using Wifi sync and if so, what am I missing?

Am I expecting too much when I want an easy way to sync audiobooks from my PC to my phone?
Lowlander

Re: Does Wifi Sync allow manual selection?

Post by Lowlander »

MMW can't Sync to MMA via wi-fi, USB only: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0

Wi-fi Sync can only be started from MMA, and thus individual files can't be Synced like that. However you could add them to a Playlist and have that Playlist Synced from MMA via wi-fi.