Does MM recognise flac to be different files from same files in mp3?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Forrykook

Does MM recognise flac to be different files from same files in mp3?

Post by Forrykook »

I synced my 200GB micro card, (for Fiio X3 gen 2), Using auto convert for anything above 320 to convert to mp3 @ 320kbps. All my music on my laptop is flac. I now realise that there is plenty of space on the card to leave it all in flac. If I remove that auto convert rule and check the box for "delete other files and playlists from X3: unselected library files" and sync again; will MM delete the mp3 files, realising that they're different from what will now be syncing, (which will be the exact same albums but in flac format)?
Or do I need to manually delete all mp3 files first and then sync again to the empty card?
I realise that both methods will probably take the same time but I've just been wondering if MM will do it.
MM5, Windows 11, 200gb card for Fiio X3.
Forrykook

Re: Does MM recognise flac to be different files from same files in mp3?

Post by Forrykook »

Well I've done the experiment and yes it does. MM5 removes the mp3 files and then syncs the flac files of the exact same name after removing the auto conversion rule and clicking delete unselected library files.
Peke

Re: Does MM recognise flac to be different files from same files in mp3?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
THX for confirming. I've done the same test today, just in case and can confirm same behavior eg. sync bunch MP3s (converted from FLAC) and then resynced without conversion, MP3s were deleted and FLAC files synced.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts