Will MMA Read ANY Ratings Tags?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

akovia

Will MMA Read ANY Ratings Tags?

Post by akovia »

I think my question got lost here, but will MMA read existing ratings tags from an mp3, m4a, ogg, flac, etc?

Thanks!
Peke

Re: Will MMA Read ANY Ratings Tags?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If google media scanner is reading them then Yes, if not then you need to resync in order to sync rating from MM5 back to MMA files.

NOTE: MMA Do not save file tags so if you used MMA to TAG MP3 then rating is on ly in MMA DB.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
akovia

Post by akovia »

@Peke, thanks for the reply. I mentioned in the thread I linked to, but I don't have MM5, or any other MM version because I am a Linux user. I did have MM on windows over a decade ago which is why some of my tracks do have a MM_Rating tag, but I no longer use Windows.

I guess I'm having trouble understanding why anything would need to be sync'd anyway. Does MMA not have any way to read the existing tags in a file and use them to display a rating? Is there not anything I can do directly to my tracks to make MMA pick up the rating?

On another note, since Android is nearly a Linux distribution anyway, do you have any plans to support Linux in the future?

Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA doesn't scan files directly, instead Android Media Scanner is doing the scanner and this is out of MMA's control. So for now if Android Media Scanner reads it, MMA will see it. MMA 2 should come with it's own build-in scanner.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
akovia wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:57 pm I don't have MM5, or any other MM version because I am a Linux user.
You should try MM5 on Linux, based on user feedback MM5 works even faster than MM4 in some environments.

Search Forum there are several detailed threads about MM5 on Linux.
Best regards,
Peke
akovia

Post by akovia »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 pm MMA doesn't scan files directly, instead Android Media Scanner is doing the scanner and this is out of MMA's control.
I think that was the missing link I needed to understand. Thanks!
Peke wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:56 pm Search Forum there are several detailed threads about MM5 on Linux.
I was hoping I would find something new, but Wine was such a PITA when I used to use it that I felt like I was back on Windows. I'll wait for a native Linux solution (if any), but thanks for thought. I was hoping that when the Android version was developed, it would be half way home to porting it to Linux proper.

Thanks both for the replies!
Peke

Post by Peke »

akovia wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:18 pm I was hoping I would find something new, but Wine was such a PITA when I used to use it that I felt like I was back on Windows.
Think not all MM5 trial solutions use WINE.
akovia wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:18 pm Thanks both for the replies!
Always a pleasure to at least try. Linux Delphi Compiler is not yet fully stable (personally tested on few other projects), but at least we should see MAC version soon. HINT: Android apps are sill mostly based/related to JAVA, than full native support (I hope I am wrong).
Best regards,
Peke