Custom Views not available in Folders node and Location sub-node [#19345]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Custom Views not available in Folders node and Location sub-node [#19345]

Post by Barry4679 »

Custom Views don't seem to cross the boundary between [Location and Folder nodes] <--> [all other nodes]

ie. a custom View that is defined anywhere other than in the Folders node or the Location sub-node, is available everywhere, except for the Folders & Location nodes. ... Those two nodes seem to have their own universe for Views.

The Views that didn't carry across were based upon the List By Album View, which is available in both contexts.

Is that working as designed?
It would be a disappointing restriction.

I am on 2660.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Re: Custom Views not available in Folders node and Location sub-node

Post by Lowlander »

It seems it was left for the future: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15756, but it seems that no one user has missed this so far.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:07 pm It seems it was left for the future: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15756,
OK, thanks for responding.
Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:07 pm but it seems that no one user has missed this so far.
Well last time I looked, I am a customer :)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
a_daley

Post by a_daley »

And I agree with Barry in this!
Timo_Beil

Post by Timo_Beil »

Me too
MM 2024.0.0.3005-port-DE, Win 11 pro, I7-6700, 16GB RAM, DB & Media>TrueNAS
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I don't see this amongst the issues being considered for action in the near future, and I think it should be.

In particular the ability to create and save not only re-useable views, but also a customized DEFAULT view that would be applied in all situations where it might be applicable.

I hate having to edit all my views every time I want to see a new column. or change something.

To make it work, it might need an option to load an already customized views for each node first, and popup asking to use new default.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Rob_S wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:24 pm I don't see this amongst the issues being considered for action in the near future, and I think it should be.

In particular the ability to create and save not only re-useable views, but also a customized DEFAULT view that would be applied in all situations where it might be applicable.

I hate having to edit all my views every time I want to see a new column. or change something.

To make it work, it might need an option to load an already customized views for each node first, and popup asking to use new default.
Similarly, I would like the option to apply the current view (including columns, widths etc) to my choice of collection(s) and/or playlist(s).
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI: Seeing this tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19345
adding this link there, thanks for feedback!