export settings

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

TreeFrogBandit

export settings

Post by TreeFrogBandit »

I am about to do a windows refresh which will retain my library, but will uninstall all my software. Is there any way I can export my mediamonkey settings so I can just import them after the reinstall instead of reconfiguring manually?

Thanks!
Erwin Hanzl

Re: export settings

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I recommend only keeping the database file itself (besides your media library). Do note that the files won't work on the new PC until you fix the drive they're located on in MediaMonkey.

Other settings can sometimes be system specific. Also read up on this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer
thomasfgoodwin

Post by thomasfgoodwin »

I'm also looking for this functionality. Given that we have this great feature where basically every view of your library retains your settings for that view, setting everything back up on a fresh installation can be a considerable time investment.

Edit: I've also just found that saved artwork for playlists and saved icons for library nodes don't come along when restoring the DB, I'd put that in with this request as well.
Last edited by thomasfgoodwin on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Timo_Beil

Post by Timo_Beil »

To transfer my settings to an other machine, I copy the folders "Thumbs" and "Video Thumbnails" and the file "persistent.json".
In a portable version, they are in "Portable", in an installation in "%AppData%\MediaMonkey5\".
MM 2024.0.0.3005-port-DE, Win 11 pro, I7-6700, 16GB RAM, DB & Media>TrueNAS