Couple of Questions

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Hdhntr23

Couple of Questions

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Hey guys,

First of all let me tell you how much I'm enjoying MM5!! The speed of it is what blows me away the most.

Now here are a couple of questions...

I have an obscene amount of music files. You could call me a music hoarder if you'd like. Anyway, one of the things that kind bugs me is the "send to" behavior. When I right click on a song/file and I hit "send to" I then hit the play list to which I want it to go. Then that playlist will pop up on the right hand side of the screen. I do not like this view at all. So I'm asking is there a way to disable this feature?

Lastly,

I seem to remember that there was built in Discogs (or, maybe a different music database?) functionality? Does my memory fail me? The reason I'm asking is because I can't seem to find this option anywhere. If it exists, can you please point me in the right direction?

Looking forward to your responses!

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Couple of Questions

Post by Lowlander »

1) No, there is no setting to disable this.

2) That was an Addon for MediaMonkey 4, it has not been updated for MediaMonkey 5.
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Thanks LL!

Is there any native support for song look ups?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Is it only using the metadata in the file to try and correctly tag the blanks?

If not what source is it using to compare against?

Thanks!
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:43 am 1) No, there is no setting to disable this.
Hey LL! So I have a bit of a couple of bones to pick about this one and another "feature" that I've come across recently.

First, can you please tell me what the use case is for the play list to show up on the right when you add something from a collection into a playlist? I have no earthly idea why someone would use this feature.

Second, I came across the feature of "automatic column widths" when messing around with my view. I clicked it and ALL of my columns now are BARELY big enough to read the smallest of my columns and on my biggest ones? (I like to spread out Filename and Path... shoot I like to do this for ALL of my columns!!)

Can you please explain to me how the "feature" is supposed to work? Again, maybe a use case for it please? Also, is there a way to "automatically" fix the column width to fit the text in said column)

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your responses!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can choose which fields are updated by Auto-Tag. This will update the field if it is blank or not.

2) It was often requested on MediaMonkey 4 and allows you to quickly add more files to specific positions within the Playlist).

3) It fits the columns within the given width on screen (not to the content of the column). There is no method to automatically fit a column width to its contents.
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:12 am 1) You can choose which fields are updated by Auto-Tag. This will update the field if it is blank or not.

2) It was often requested on MediaMonkey 4 and allows you to quickly add more files to specific positions within the Playlist).

3) It fits the columns within the given width on screen (not to the content of the column). There is no method to automatically fit a column width to its contents.
Thanks for your replies!

I'm sorry to ask some potentially difficult questions but as you may know (you may not, I'm not sure either way)

Is there any way you can add these two options to the list in your dev cycle? In essence what I'm asking regarding the play list feature be set as an "option" in the tools section? The second being the column width feature, can you please add the option to allow it to "fit to width of the text"?

I really do enjoy the product so thank you for bringing it to the masses!
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:12 am 1) You can choose which fields are updated by Auto-Tag. This will update the field if it is blank or not.
Hey LL,

Last time I comment in this thread I promise but I do have a follow-up question for this...

When installing MM5 does it port over my tagging structure from MM4?

Thanks in advance!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What do you understand by tagging structure?
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Sorry I wasn't clear...

I meant the "Auto Organize" feature and I answered my own question. Yes it got brought over from MM4 to MM5.

Thanks!
MPG

Post by MPG »

I'd like to add my voice to wishing that MM5 would provide the option to disable the playlist from showing up on the right side of the screen when a song is added. It takes up real estate that I use for other purposes and it doesn't provide any features/functionality for me.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I, on the other hand, would like to know how to make this happen.

I drag tacks over to my playlists, and nothing happens other than it will advise me if the track is a duplicate.

How does one get a copy of the playlist to appear any for adding by location??
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
MPG

Post by MPG »

Shows up anytime you add a song to the Playlist.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Rob_S wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:03 pm I, on the other hand, would like to know how to make this happen.

I drag tacks over to my playlists, and nothing happens other than it will advise me if the track is a duplicate.

How does one get a copy of the playlist to appear any for adding by location??
Hey brother,

The way I do it is if I'm listening to a track that I want to go on a playlist (that I'm pretty sure isn't there already) I right click/send to/"cp's best play list" or whichever playlist you want to select

Once you do that, the play list will appear on the right hand side of your "now playing" tab.

Hope this helps!