Scan folder is moving everything

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

DJSTRETCH

Scan folder is moving everything

Post by DJSTRETCH »

I have picked my downloads folder and only want the mp3 files to be moved but it's moving every file type to the music folder.

Media type: Music
Lowlander

Re: Scan folder is moving everything

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can auto-move files if you enable Auto-Organize. Check your Auto-Organize settings under Tools > Options > Auto-Organize and make sure no rules are set that have MediaMonkey move the files.
DJSTRETCH

Post by DJSTRETCH »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:56 am MediaMonkey can auto-move files if you enable Auto-Organize. Check your Auto-Organize settings under Tools > Options > Auto-Organize and make sure no rules are set that have MediaMonkey move the files.
I want it to only move the mp3s not the other file types
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Then you use advanced search criteria extenension and select only types taht you want to move.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no setting for this. Auto-Organize assumes that if all media files are being moved from a folder that the other files are associated with those files and are thus also moved.

Auto-Organize Files will prompt to move these additional files, but Auto-Organize doesn't as it's a background process.
DJSTRETCH

Post by DJSTRETCH »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:52 am There is no setting for this. Auto-Organize assumes that if all media files are being moved from a folder that the other files are associated with those files and are thus also moved.

Auto-Organize Files will prompt to move these additional files, but Auto-Organize doesn't as it's a background process.
I thought by picking the file type it would only do those. Wish it did.... Any hopes for that to be added?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

DJSTRETCH wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:46 pm .. Any hopes for that to be added?
In the meantime, could you workaround by downloading to another folder, or a folder inside your Downloads folder?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
DJSTRETCH wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:46 pm I thought by picking the file type it would only do those. Wish it did.... Any hopes for that to be added?
I really doubt, as it is not possible to break down background task to prompt user for additional interaction.

You set Constant and on Startup monitoring of Download folder, then Creating Auto-Playlist with Criteria:
PATH -> Contain -> Path to Downloads folder
EXTENSION -> Equal -> MP3

After all that is done you can create Auto-Organize rule to that playlist only and it should move only MP3 Files to destination at Music Folder.

Like Lowlander I prefer to do that manually after I ma sure that all Metadata is correct in downloaded files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
DJSTRETCH

Post by DJSTRETCH »

Peke wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:32 am Hi,
DJSTRETCH wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:46 pm I thought by picking the file type it would only do those. Wish it did.... Any hopes for that to be added?
I really doubt, as it is not possible to break down background task to prompt user for additional interaction.

You set Constant and on Startup monitoring of Download folder, then Creating Auto-Playlist with Criteria:
PATH -> Contain -> Path to Downloads folder
EXTENSION -> Equal -> MP3

After all that is done you can create Auto-Organize rule to that playlist only and it should move only MP3 Files to destination at Music Folder.

Like Lowlander I prefer to do that manually after I ma sure that all Metadata is correct in downloaded files.
I just need it to only import the file types I picked for music & videos. manually or auto or background. PLEASE
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Manually, MediaMonkey will prompt to move the additional files. Thus you can choose not to move them when using Auto-Organize Files. Auto-Organize can't as it's a silent background process.
DJSTRETCH

Post by DJSTRETCH »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm Manually, MediaMonkey will prompt to move the additional files. Thus you can choose not to move them when using Auto-Organize Files. Auto-Organize can't as it's a silent background process.
What about add/scan - can that only pick the file types. I turned off everything else.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Add/Rescan Files can be set to which file types are added to the database, however this doesn't affect Auto-Organize and moving additional file types when all media files are moved outside of the folder.

If you want to use Auto-Organize you need to make sure only files that can be moved are in the same folder as the media files being moved.