Sync win 10 to pixel 6/Android 13

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Bryanw40

Sync win 10 to pixel 6/Android 13

Post by Bryanw40 »

I'm feeling stupid, I've been using mm (free) for years to load my mp3 collection to my phones.
Just got the pixel 6a, it has android 13.
When I connect my USB cable to my PC, select file transfer on my phone, windows can see my phone, it's called a mtu device in explorer.
If I pick ptp, it changes name to pixel 6a, but can only see the dcim folder.

I used to just pick file transfer, go to mm on PC, right click a playlist, and sync to- phone/SD card and it's send my music over.

I updated from mm 4 to mm 5, and still don't see this option.

How can I copy my 12k+ library back to my new phone?

(I'm sure I could just copy music files manually, but i want my mm created playlists)
Peke

Re: Sync win 10 to pixel 6/Android 13

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try to reinstall Google USB Driver.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb from https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ync-fails/

PTP is old protocol for pictures/camera folders and should not be used for Media.

In any case I would suggest using WiFi to sync as it is more stable than USB (especially on newest devices and OS). WiFi 6 routers are not expensive anymore and increase transfer speed up to 5x times (in some cases).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Bryanw40

Post by Bryanw40 »

Thx, IDK what I did' downloaded & tried to install that driver, win kept saying the installed was newer.
clicked a different mtp device on the screen, now it says 6a connected when plugged in, and MM sees it like normal to right click, send playlist to, so yay it's working
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

FWIIW I have a Pixel 6, and always Sync using USB. I have no reliability issues.
As long as your PC has USB 3 port capability, it is plenty fast to a newish device like a Pixel 6.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.