Library coud not start, port 17771 in use

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

csavard

Library coud not start, port 17771 in use

Post by csavard »

Just activated Media Monkey Gold and having issues. When the program opens, I get these messages:

1) Media server 'MediaMonkey Library' could not start: port 17771 is already in use.

2) Application throw an exception Exception EAccessViolation in module 'MediaMonkeyEngine.exe' at 00A586D2. Access violation at address 00E58632 in module 'MediaMonkeyEngine.exe'. Read of address 00000000

If I close the errors, app keeps running (w/occasional cutout of sound). If I close the app, need to reboot to open again.

latest version of MMW5

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Library coud not start, port 17771 in use

Post by Lowlander »

1) There is a bug in MediaMonkey 5.0.3 that MediaMonkey fails to close. This causes the error on start as now 2 MediaMonkey's are trying to use the same port.

2) This may be related, could you try the latest 5.0.4 beta build which fixes the above bug. Please let us know if this error does persist with 5.0.4.
csavard

Post by csavard »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:35 pm 1) There is a bug in MediaMonkey 5.0.3 that MediaMonkey fails to close. This causes the error on start as now 2 MediaMonkey's are trying to use the same port.

2) This may be related, could you try the latest 5.0.4 beta build which fixes the above bug. Please let us know if this error does persist with 5.0.4.
Not only did v5.0.4 fixed the problem, the program is several time faster than it was. Thanks
bluesmusicfan

Post by bluesmusicfan »

I have updated to MM5 2690, and I am getting the same error, different port... 24316 is in use. What can I do to get rid of that, and can you also point me in the direction of what this "media server" Media Monkey Library is? I'd like to understand a little better how this software operates, because it is much more than i need (which is basic database/playlist management - what files - and folders - do i have and where is it [now], and update the MANY playlists I have)
Thanks in advance!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does this problem persist after a PC restart?

Media Sharing can be disabled if you don't use it.
bluesmusicfan

Post by bluesmusicfan »

It had been doing it even with a reboot but of course now it is not doing it... I'll post again if it reoccurs. Thanks also for the media sharing info.

Perhaps it would be a good post on the forum for those of us who do not use MM for anything but basic stuff... and have large libraries we need to manage.