Synchronization problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE SM-T733N 64 GB

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Bruce Tajtelbom

Synchronization problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE SM-T733N 64 GB

Post by Bruce Tajtelbom »

Hello, your synchronization function is driving me crazy, but literally. No less than a week, with 15 reformatting of my microSD, to arrive at nothing at all, whatever my choice of method. I have 20,000 songs, they take 130 Gigas on my computer (Windows 10), every time I ask for the sync, after 5,000 songs, it continues the sync but without them being taken into account by the database, I find myself systematically with a space of 30, or 60, or 100 Gigas recognized as other but not in the database (moreover, It is impossible to delete your cache, which I think is crazy), on the microSD, there is ONLY your sync, nothing else, so when your software bugs, it leaves ten gigs orphaned that I can not delete, in fact, I am forced to reformat my microSD, but whether it is usb, or WIFI, the problem is the same :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So, in fact, I never had any synchronization problem with my Huwaei P30 Pro, but now, it seems that this version of Samsung Galaxy Tab is a problem, a constraint that you do not manage. I'm very happy with your software overall (even if your interface has some bugs from time to time, for example, we can't get the album covers anymore, you refuse to allow to add a 0 in front of the song number in automatic option (you see the .zfill() function in python), except in the rename, but it's upstream that we want it)
Lowlander

Re: Synchronization problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE SM-T733N 64 GB

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using and are you saying the device itself doesn't recognize the files being on the card? What App do you use on the device itself?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Bruce Tajtelbom wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:27 am (moreover, It is impossible to delete your cache, which I think is crazy), on the microSD, there is ONLY your sync, nothing else, so when your software bugs, it leaves ten gigs orphaned that I can not delete, in fact, I am forced to reformat my microSD, but whether it is usb, or WIFI, the problem is the same :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I have a Google phone, so no SD card.
The MM cache is accessible. It is at "Internal shared storage\MediaMonkey"

I am not sure where it will be when the phone also has an SD card ...but it will be accessible.

Once you have got the cleared, your problems may vanish ... especially if it is in the phone storage, and you are not clearing it.

I am also not too impressed with sync robustness when problems happen.
It all works fine for me, but it you try something too ambitious it can get into a state that it doesn't recover from well. This has happened to me ... and I had to clear media from the device too.

I think that they need to add some logic to detect unexpected Media on the phone, and respond by rebuilding the control files and|or metadata that is on the phone. I have lodged a request for this.

Bruce Tajtelbom wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:27 amwe can't get the album covers anymore, you refuse to allow to add a 0 in front of the song number in automatic option (you see the .zfill() function in python), except in the rename, but it's upstream that we want it)
Can't get album covers where?
MM5 has no problem getting covers on the PC version.
I have MMA but haven't used it for a while. It is missing a feature that I need, so I use another client of my phone.

Also there is no problem on the PC version with track numbers with leading zeros. Track number is an alphanumeric field in the MM database, so has no problem with leading zeros. See here.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Bruce Taj

Post by Bruce Taj »

My problem is solved. Thank you for your answers. The problem was with my microSD card which indicated a capacity of 512GB when after 30GB it refused to physically save the data, but the system indicated that the data still existed. So, it is clear that MediaMonkey has a solid sync capable of handling an out of the box recording media bug.
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Bruce Tajtelbom wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:27 am . I have 20,000 songs, they take 130 Gigas on my computer (Windows 10), every time I ask for the sync, after 5,000 songs, it continues the sync but without them being taken into account by the database, I find myself systematically with a space of 30, or 60, or 100 Gigas recognized as other but not in the database (moreover, It is impossible to delete your cache, which I think is crazy), on
Is this not basically the same problem that I've been struggling with on this thread? https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=102379
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Bruce Taj wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:05 am My problem is solved.
Can I ask how you solved it?
For me, deleting the stuff inside \MediaMonkey on the device I'm syncing too doesn't make any difference:
I am stull left with about 500 GB of already-synced files which MMW5 now (after a crash) thinks are 'Other' and the sync just hangs on scanning (or sometimes says the device has insufficient room)
https://ibb.co/BLJmbzb
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the scanning failure in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
feline1

Post by feline1 »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:03 pm Please capture the scanning failure in a debug log
But it's not just one event that makes MMW5 quit with a crash, I'm not sure how to define when to capture a log...
and also the thing where hundreds of GB of already-synced files suddenly switches to being called 'Other' just happens at random times, I wouldn't already be capturing the log at that point?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Keep capturing till these events occur, then save the log. In your ticket describe that the problem occurred near the end of the log.