Quick save playing list

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

gexptwo

Quick save playing list

Post by gexptwo »

Sorry if this is a duplicate. Did quick search but did not find answer.

I have DJed a long time with Windows Media Player, giving MM a try. With WMP, I can select or start playing a particular playlist, it populates the Play panel. While DJing if I need to make a change, I can do it in the Play panel and I click Save List and it saves the original playlist by name. Or there's an option to save a different name.

With MM, it seems if I choose a playlist, it populates the Playing panel. If I modify the Playing list, I see there is an option to Save Playlist but I must navigate and find the original playlist name. It would be more convenient if it remembered which playlist it came from and had an option to just "Save" in addition to "Save As". Is it there and I overlooked it?

Thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Re: Quick save playing list

Post by Lowlander »

That's not available. MediaMonkey maintains no relationship between a Playlist and the Playing.
Barry4679

Re: Quick save playing list

Post by Barry4679 »

gexptwo wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:56 pm If I modify the Playing list, I see there is an option to Save Playlist but I must navigate and find the original playlist name. It would be more convenient if it remembered which playlist it came from and had an option to just "Save" in addition to "Save As".
It seems like a good idea to me, but it gets complex if the user adds multiple playlists to the play panel doesn't it?
Also there is the possibility that Play panel was not empty when the playlist was added.
Either situation could polute your playlist couldn't it?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.