Everything is in sync---NO , it isn't

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Mikey1969

Everything is in sync---NO , it isn't

Post by Mikey1969 »

Hey all,
So I added some music to my library. Alice Cooper and Dr John did great. Transferred to my pone, life is goof. Flogging Molly and the Dropkick Murphys, on the other hand, I have tagged, synced, removed and re-added tags, have restarted the app on both the computer and phone, and tried again. I have also rebooted the computer with MM installed on it. I have these all set the same. In the "custom" field, under entry #1 is 'mike', for my music. Every other album, this works. For these two artists, though, it tells me that everything has synced, while it actually hasn't. I've noticed though, that the files ALSO aren't moving on the app. When I look under the collection for my music, it's not there, either. Finally, if I go back and double check the files, they are labeled correctly, it's just not moving or syncing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Everything is in sync---NO , it isn't

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using?
Mikey1969 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:06 pmWhen I look under the collection for my music, it's not there, either.
Are you saying the files aren't showing in MMW5? It reads like the files aren't selected to be Synced in the first place. Please provide more details explaining this.
Mikey1969 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:06 pm I've noticed though, that the files ALSO aren't moving on the app.
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

So the music is in MM5. And it has the tag to assign it to the "mike" collection. Not only does it not transfer to my phone, it also doesn't put the music under my name in MM5, where my collection i listed.

Just these two bands, though. And only the new music. The albums that were already there are still there from those two bands.

And I'm using MediaMonkey 5, the latest download. I only installed it this last weekend.
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

OK, found my build number: 5.0.4.2663
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So the files fail to show in the Mike Collection in MMW5 and this is the Collection being Synced? ie. the real problem is that the files fail to show in the Mike Collection (but do show in Entire Library or Music Collections)?

In that case review both the file tags and the Collection Criteria. Maybe there is something not set right in the tags?
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

Yep, that sum it up. They're in the main Library, but the tags that classify it as one of my albums aren't working right. OK, if it's just a weird glitch thing, I'll play around with it. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of known issue here.

Definitely a weird one.