Switching to New Computer

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

richardgarnett

Switching to New Computer

Post by richardgarnett »

I am purchasing a new computer. I hace looked on the Media Monkey Help page and there is a simple instruction to grab three files from the old directory and then install MM on the new computer finally copy and paste the original files into their new home. Only the files don't exist. I have enable the viewing of hidden files although that appears to make no difference (always 88 items displayed)

The MM Help page has you look for :
%APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\MM5.DB
%APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\MediaMonkey.ini
%APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\persistent.json

which doesn't exist on my computer. All the MM files are under "Windows Program Files (x86)" but even within that folder there are no MM.DB or .INI files. All the media files are on an external drive. That drive does have an MM folder seperate to the music files but there is just 'StorageInfo.xml' stored there.

On my phone I just have the playlists saved (about 1/4 of the whole library) and there are 'main.db.zip' 'info.json' and 'delta.json.zip'.

Would welcome any assistance.
richardgarnett

Re: Switching to New Computer

Post by richardgarnett »

Feeling very stupid - bit more digging around file explorer "C:\Users\Richard Garnett\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5" has everything.

Hopefully I can get the library switched over as soon as the PC arrives
Lowlander

Re: Switching to New Computer

Post by Lowlander »

I only recommend taking the mm5.db: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer

The others contain settings that can be specific to the PC they're used on. Redoing the settings shouldn't take too long.