Changing MM OneDrive Account

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

IRG42

Changing MM OneDrive Account

Post by IRG42 »

Just started using Media Monkey.

I would like to synch media from a OneDrive/M365 account. I have 2 x OneDrive/M365 accounts.

I unfortunately synched MM to the wrong OneDrive/M365 account. Now when I delete the OneDrive connection from MM and restablish it, MM automatically defaults to the original account. I uninstalled and re-installed MM and it still does this.

Can anyone tell me how I can change which OneDrive/M365 account MM will synch to?

I have searched the help files and forum and could not find anything on this specific issue.

Thanks for any help.

Ian Graham
Lowlander

Re: Changing MM OneDrive Account

Post by Lowlander »

Try logging out of OneDrive in your default web browser. Does that allow you to choose which OneDrive account to use when you set it up again?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:58 am Try logging out of OneDrive in your default web browser. Does that allow you to choose which OneDrive account to use when you set it up again?
You sure about that?
Isn't this achieved inside MM5? ... ie. log out using the RemoteContent tab at Devices&Services>OneDrive .. and then log back in use the correct account

I think that's the way that it works with Google Drive
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
IRG42

Post by IRG42 »

Thanks for the responses! But I have not been able to resolve the problem. The base problem (I believe) is that the Media Monkey OneDrive AddOn does not allow you to specify or change which OneDrive account to connect you connect to.

@Barry4679: You are right about the Google Drive AddOn -> when you login to the GDrive account it asks you account to use. then when you logout and sign back in, it asks you again which account so you can change the account.

@LowLander: Signing out from M365/OneDrive in the default browser had no real effect -> when I signed out oof OneDrive in MM and then signed back in, I just got a request to approve the new OneDrive sign in in the MS Authoeticator App. But I could not change the account that MM OneDrive AddOn was using. I am not sure where the OneDrive AddOn gets the account it is using -> I think that I may have chose the wrong one when I logged in the first time to MM OneDrive AddOn. But MM may have just picked it up from my profile. I have tried to delete and re-install the OneDrive AddOn -> this did not work because I could not find the OneDrive AddOn in the MM AddOn library. So then I deleted MM from my computer and re-installed it -> when I treid to re-attach to OneDrive the new MM Install automatically selected the wrong account. So not sure how to fix this -> Base question is how can I specify which OneDrive account MM One Drive AddOn uses?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Ian Graham
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

IRG42 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm @Barry4679: You are right about the Google Drive AddOn -> when you login to the GDrive account it asks you account to use. then when you logout and sign back in, it asks you again which account so you can change the account.
Changing the account doesn't fix the issue? ... How do you detect this? ie. what remains incorrect?

You could try deleting the Account registration on the same Remote Content tab. And start again.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It works for me. I have 2 separate OneDrive's associated with MediaMonkey 5.0.4.

You may want to sign in to the correct OneDrive in the default browser (the one MediaMonkey opens). Then try to add a OneDrive Service. Note that I do not use authenticator, so it may be changing things for you.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:06 am Note that I do not use authenticator, so it may be changing things for you.
That could be the problem.
I have 2FA turned on in my Google account.
I think that I had to use what Google calls an App Password when connecting from MM5.