Possible to tag TWO albums to ONE track ?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jz1276

Possible to tag TWO albums to ONE track ?

Post by jz1276 »

Wondering if you guys knew of a way, or if it's possible at all to tag a single track to two separate albums. For example, the Alice in Chains track "Would?" is on both albums "Dirt" and "Singles Soundtrack".
Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Possible to tag TWO albums to ONE track ?

Post by Lowlander »

No, Album is not a multi-value field.

The problem generally with this would be that the Track# would often not be the same, and Date could also be different.
jz1276

Post by jz1276 »

Figured that, thanks anyway
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

There is (was?) an add-on that allowed this. I no longer recall its name and the MM extension library is a poorly organized mess that makes it nearly impossible to find anything. Perhaps someone remembers its name and where to find it in the extensions. As I recall it didn't work all that well and I remember finding the instructions confusing. I'd also like to know where to find the linked-tracks extension again. Linked-tracks makes playing classical compsitions possible in MM4 (that it is missing in MM5 is why I don't use MM5 - as well as the fact that MM5 crashes regularly).
Peke

Post by Peke »

yarguy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:15 pm Linked-tracks makes playing classical compsitions possible in MM4 (that it is missing in MM5 is why I don't use MM5 - as well as the fact that MM5 crashes regularly).
FYI MM5 expanded Custom Fields to 10, Also you can use any number of extended tags (for formats that support them) and that can be easily incorporated (for dev wikth some free time) into addon that will show that to user.

As for crashes, please try portable of latest version from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d and when you get crash just paste LOG ID from keyboard in ticket, along with brief description what and when happened. We tent to solve such issues very Quickly if theer is enough info in crash logs.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Peke wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:51 pm
FYI MM5 expanded Custom Fields to 10, Also you can use any number of extended tags (for formats that support them) and that can be easily incorporated (for dev wikth some free time) into addon that will show that to user.

[/quote]

I do not care that you have extended tags that someone "with free time" might use to create something that is currently available in MM4 and in a number of other music players - the ability to play a complete multi-track composition with one click, since I can already do that in MM4. Note that linked tracks - and the other programs - allow the user to shuffle multi-track compositions as a whole rather than mixing tracks from different compositions. That, to me, is the basic requirement of any program that wants to be considered for playing classical music. MM5 fails to meet that requirement.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Only thing you missed to tell is what plugin you use in MM4 Maybe a pic would be good.

I confess I am not avid classical listener, but my daughter is Violin player, so I a,m learning and when I sked her she said "what is that?"

Patience please.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's a separate thing from OP, LinkedTracks is used in MM4 to link tracks together.