Constant crashing and force closures [#19665]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

be4con

Constant crashing and force closures [#19665]

Post by be4con »

Hi all

I've been using the Pro version of MMA for several years on multiple different devices and it's always been stable but for about a week now I have been suffering continuous crashes and force closures whenever I use the app. Crashes seem to happen randomly but can also be triggered by auto-rotate and jumping forwards or backwards in an audio file. It's got to the point where I cannot continue to use the app because it crashes consistently every time I do.

I tried clearing cache and data and that didn't resolve things so I tried a clean install of both MMA and MMA Pro, but the issue remains.

Can anyone help me?

Pixel 6 Pro running Android 13, MMA Pro version 1.3.0017, MMA version 1.4.5.0960
Lowlander

Re: Constant crashing and force closures

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried a device restart yet?
be4con

Post by be4con »

Yes, didn't help unfortunately
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please send debug log right after crash and reply here with the logID.
be4con

Post by be4con »

Log sent, Log ID: XFDG3AYX47
Description: auto rotate on this occasion
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi, the crash occurs when rotating on the Now playing screen. The problem is already fixed in the new 2.0 version, which will be available as a BETA in the next few days. To get the latest BETA version, you need to be registered as a beta tester. You can do so via the "Register for test builds" item in the About MediaMonkey dialog.
F1nchy

MMA keeps crashing when I twist phone (Pixel 6 Pro)

Post by F1nchy »

Hi guys
In the last week I've had a constant problem with MMA on my Google Pixel 6 Pro. Basically, nearly every time I turn my phone from portrait to landscape, if I have MMA open on the actual track artwork and twist the phone it stops playing the track and gives a message about a crash report being sent. But if I do it when on the menu or playlist page it's fine.

I've done a screen recording to show what I mean. It's actually really annoying, as pretty much every time I pick up my phone I tend to twist it enough to change the orientation, which means it crashes, and I leave it on that screen as I regularly rate as I play (and often add notes to update the tags)!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... hJNldieEV3
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Thanks for moving my post, I did look but missed this one. Glad to see it's being resolved already.
martin.bohac wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:07 pm the new 2.0 version, which will be available as a BETA in the next few days.
Exciting, looking forward to trying a new version!
be4con

Post by be4con »

martin.bohac wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:07 pm Hi, the crash occurs when rotating on the Now playing screen. The problem is already fixed in the new 2.0 version, which will be available as a BETA in the next few days. To get the latest BETA version, you need to be registered as a beta tester. You can do so via the "Register for test builds" item in the About MediaMonkey dialog.
Thanks for your reply. I signed up for the beta programme on 16th when you posted but have still not received an update. How long should it take?
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Yes, I've been checking the Play store for updates regularly, would be good to have it the auto-rotate back on my phone!
Klotar

Post by Klotar »

As 2.0 release is delayed, does anyone know if leaving the MMA beta and downloading the last official release version instead will solve this issue (crashing when turning the Now Playing music to landscape) until 2.0 release?

Thanks!
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

It's been delayed? When was that? Any ideas how long?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Klotar wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:39 am As 2.0 release is delayed, does anyone know if leaving the MMA beta and downloading the last official release version instead will solve this issue (crashing when turning the Now Playing music to landscape) until 2.0 release?
It will not solve the issue as Turn events has changed since MMA 1.x API Target.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Klotar

Post by Klotar »

Peke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:09 pm
Klotar wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:39 am As 2.0 release is delayed, does anyone know if leaving the MMA beta and downloading the last official release version instead will solve this issue (crashing when turning the Now Playing music to landscape) until 2.0 release?
It will not solve the issue as Turn events has changed since MMA 1.x API Target.
Understood. Thanks, I'll stick with the current version and try to leave it on any screen other than the Playing Now. :)
Klotar

Post by Klotar »

2.0 is out! Rotate issue fixed, new look! :)