Type to go to artist

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

brio

Type to go to artist

Post by brio »

Hi - I can't find the answer to this, and hope someone can direct me. In MM4, if I type an artist name while I am in the list of artists, I am taken to the artist in the list so that I do not have to scroll through down the list to the artist. In MM5, typing opens the search box and displays options but does not take me to the artist on the list. I can't find the option to do so. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.
Lowlander

Re: Type to go to artist

Post by Lowlander »

If the Media Tree is active (ie. last item clicked is a node in the Media Tree) you can type to jump if the option for scroll to match is enabled. However if the Filelisting is active than Contextual Search is executed.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

If you are typing into the Media tree (left panel), make sure that you have "Scroll to match" checked in the the three dot menu at the top of the Media Tree panel ... Also need "Show All Subnodes" checked.

If you are typing in the main panel, try changing the "Search Current View" setting to "scrolls to match" at Tools>Options>Library>Search.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

For the latter method, with options adjusted, it seems to me you also need to first sort on the column in which you expect to find the letters you type.

Typing in the Media tree does scroll to artist if I am in the artists list view, but not in list by album view.

In that view with all tracks selected, and sorted by artist or not, I get a toast message saying "Ctrl+down for next match, but it does not move.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
brio

Post by brio »

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I really appreciate you taking the time to help out! :)