Force MM to create album cover in folder

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

Force MM to create album cover in folder

Post by ed.j »

Is it possible to force MM to create an image (say "folder.jpg") for all albums retrospectively?

My issue is that I have hundreds of albums where the artwork is saved as something like 3432535.jpg and another programme I use (minimserver) will only recognise a file called folder.jpg as the artwork.

So this needs to be done for everything in my library, not just new albums...
Lowlander

Re: Force MM to create album cover in folder

Post by Lowlander »

No, there is no such option in MediaMonkey 5. In MediaMonkey 4 there was the Album Art Tagger Addon that could do this.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is no batch option to do that for existing files but you can do it for new files where you add artwork with this setting.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

So as I see it, from what is said above, there is nothing to stop you from installing MM4 alongside MM5, and trying the addon to see if it does what you want. I would run only one version at a time.

When finished, you can then rescan your music in MM5 for it to see the changes
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:00 pm No, there is no such option in MediaMonkey 5. In MediaMonkey 4 there was the Album Art Tagger Addon that could do this.
Top marks!! This smashed it. Took a little bit of tweaking and experimentation, and ultimately achieved exactly what I wanted albeit in a slightly different way.

Thanks very much