[REQ] Control and shift selection

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

iloveamanda12

[REQ] Control and shift selection

Post by iloveamanda12 »

On Media Monkey 4, it was possible to entirely use the keyboard to select files. I could hold down shift to select from on point to the current point, then hold control and move to a spot further down, hold shift and select a new group while keeping all the previously selected items highlighted still. Was this purposely removed for media monkey 5 or is there a way to get that function back? Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Control and shift selection

Post by Lowlander »

The current behavior (including all since start of selection) seems consistent with File Explorer where the same thing happens.
Rob_S

Re: Control and shift selection

Post by Rob_S »

I agree that current behavior matches windows explorer, but I also agree that the old MM4 additional abilities were an improvement over windows.

So I would also like to see this functionality restored if it is reasonably possible.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Barry4679

Re: [REQ] Control and shift selection

Post by Barry4679 »

iloveamanda12 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:55 am On Media Monkey 4, it was possible to entirely use the keyboard to select files. I could hold down shift to select from on point to the current point, then hold control and move to a spot further down, hold shift and select a new group while keeping all the previously selected items highlighted still.
I didn't know that MM4 could do that. It was a documented thing?
Now that you point it out I can see it would be useful, and why you would like it returned.

As you will have observed it is still possible to select a contiguous group of tracks in MM5, just using the keyboard.
What i lost is the ability to select a disjoint group of tracks, because Ctrl + UpDown arrow is no longer recognised.

I agree that it would be useful if this capability was restored.

And btw MM5 does not completely emulate File Explorer behaviour in this regard, not that it would be relevant anyway.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.